More than 10% of people worldwide suffer from hunger – that’s hundreds of millions of people, every day, who aren’t getting enough to eat.
An issue close to our heart
Ending world hunger is one of the Sustainable Development Goals promoted by the United Nations. And it’s an area where we can have a big impact.
Every day, we nourish 100 million consumers around the world with quality ingredients that taste great and enhance well-being. But we want to do more than that. We want to extend our skills and expertise to help the people and communities who need it the most.
A close relative to hunger is malnutrition. Sodexo’s far-reaching team of nutritionists offer talks and nutritional advice to compromised communities in various countries.
- We make payroll giving possible and encourage volunteering for all our employees.
- We redistribute surplus food and fund community gardens.
- We help consumers make a difference through our Stop Hunger products and Stop Hunger campaign, which generate funds for Stop Hunger.
- In 2017, Stop Hunger served over 6 million meals (or meal equivalents) in 41 countries and raised nearly US$6.3 million to fund projects to fight hunger.
- Our annual Servathon event and year-round community engagement programs strive to alleviate hunger for disadvantaged groups.
- We have entertained, distributed food and even set up a “pop-up” supermarket as a fun way to deliver food supplies.
- We have served beneficiaries of the Food Bank, Community Chest, Lions Befrienders and Thye Hua Kuan Senior Centre.
- In 2017 alone, we were able to reach 500 beneficiaries for the cause.
Three issues close to our heart